Red Shoe Shuffle
5K Race & Walk
April 12, 2015
Starts at Ronald McDonald House and returns to finish line back at the Ronald McDonald House:
- Fast, Flat Course for Runners with professional timing system
- Flat, Fun, Easy Walk for Walkers and Families
- Top finishing racers and top individual and team fundraisers will be awarded prizes
Goodies, Awards and Prizes
Each participant will receive a Red Shoe Shuffle t-shirt, goodie bag and more.
Awards will be given to the top 3 overall finishers (M/F).
Awards will also be given to the top 3 in each of the following categories:
- The Largest Team
- Most Funds Raised by a Team
- Most Funds Raised by an Individual
Team and Individual Packet Pick Up
Details to be announced prior to Shuffle date.
Team and Individual Fundraising
Run individually or join together with family, friends, co-workers and be a Shuffle Team to help raise donations to support RMHC Baltimore.
- Warm Up: Ronald McDonald will lead the warm up and cheer everyone down the homestretch to the finish line!
- McNugget Dash: For the little sprinters in the family under the age of 10, the McNugget Dash will be a mad dash full of fun and surprises. All registered participants will get a finishers medal and bag of race day goodies.
- Cheering and Water Stations along the course provided by Community and Scouting Troops
- Post Shuffle Party featuring free food and drink, live music, family fun activities plus a chance to meet some of our sponsors and area mascots
Ways to Help
- Wear red on race day to show your support for the Ronald McDonald House!
- Become a sponsor of the Red Shoe Shuffle
- Create your own team of runners/walkers and recruit people to join
- Collect donations for your fundraising page
- Promote the Red Shoe Shuffle at your work or school
- For more information contact Debbie Hood at 410-528-1010 x 105 - email@example.com or Lauren Kohr at 410-528-1010 x 114 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Secured free parking will be available in The Saratoga Street Parking Garage is located on the University of Maryland-Baltimore campus at 220 Arch Street, Baltimore, MD 21201 which can easily be accessed from Martin Luther King Boulevard or from Paca or Greene Street. Use your GPS to guide you and we will have volunteers directing you into the Parking Garage. Note: This garage will close at 2pm. All vehicles must be out of the Garage by that time.
Additional Race Day Parking:
Additional parking is available near University of Maryland Hospital, and is a very short walk to our House/the Start and Finish Line. Parking is not free but is open 24 hours, is convenient and an easy in and out of the city.
Baltimore Grand Garage
The University of Maryland Medical Center
5 North Paca Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
If you take the Baltimore Metro/Subway, get off at the Lexington Market Stop and walk 2 blocks to the Start/Finish Line
The Light Rail is not open on Sundays for transportation into the City.